Sunday, August 30, 2009

Okay...so I have two days to make up for. Yesterday Ivar was away, so Trude and I went shopping for hicking shoes. We are going north, north, north for a trip to where her mother is from. After searching through different stores and seeing many different fashion clothing that hopefully never make it to America, ha, we found some shoes. They fit supprizingly well, and I love them. Thank you Trude! After our shopping outing, we went sailing. Wahoo. It is so different, and I love it. This trip was very differnt from my first time. We went quite fast. I'm sure its not as bad as it felt, but at times it felt like the boat was completely parallel with the water. :O I enjoyed it though. About two minutes after we got back from our sailing trip, the phone rang. I was invited to a party with some friends from school. I was so glad, for a while I felt a bit lonely in a new country all by myself, but I have started to get around a bit more, and I like it. We watched movies and had some Norwegian candy. Of course, I took some American candy as well....Gobstoppers, and Mike and Ikes. They liked them....especially the Gobbstoppers. The candy they brought was sour and were kind of like gummy worms, but harder to chew. Black liqourish was a popular one. Yukk! ha. Naw, it wasn't too bad, just very unusal I guess you could say. I got home pretty late, but then finished some homework that is due on Tuesday. Why I didnt just wait and do it today or Monday, I dont know, but I guess at mindnight, anything sounds like a good idea. I had to find two to ten pictures on the internet or magazine or something....that arnt what you first think they are. So, they are kind of like iluusions or something to that effect. Like when you see a young lady, but when you studdy it better, there is also and old lady in the same picture but from a different angle. I found quite a few and it was hard to choose which ones to use. Anyway, after that I finally went to bed.
So, now....today. Today Ivar got home from Denmark at 9ish, but since I was a little foolish and went to bed so late, I didn't get up until around 10:30 or something like that...I dont remember, but it was late. We ate, and then Trude and I went sailing again. The waves were big and we were moving so quickly that I was completely soaked by the time the trip ended. We were out for a couple of hours or so. Another new experience, the rutter (is that what it is called in English?) kind of broke. So for the last mile to half mile, Trude had to use the ores to get the ship back into the harbor. Not such a good experince, Ill tell you what, is getting sea sick. It didnt happen until we took down the sails and started walking around in the boat while we were out on the water. Im not so sure, what it was, but something about the rocking of the boat or something just didnt settle very well with me. I didnt get like "sick" just a little dizzy and an uneasy fealing. I love the sailing part though, so it was deffinetly worth it. :) After sailing, a qick shower, and some supper, Ivar drove me to Oslo to attend mass at St. Olav Catholic Church in English. It was so nice and I am very thankful....I could actually understand. I would like to eventually attend a Norwegian mass, but for now, I enjoy the few moments I get to feel "normal". :) It shocking how similar mass in America and mass here is. I figured there would be some differences, but it was pretty much the same....right down to the songs and everything. OH....on difference, they had like 12 alter servers and used incense the whole time. That was a touch different, but not really too much else. Ha, whats really funny, is that at home we have a priest from the Philipiens.....and guess what....here too! ha. So its very very simmilar, right down to the priest. ha. Anyway, afterwards, Ivar and I stoped at his mother, Liv's, house before going home, where his brother Håvard, and his son, Tor, were there as well. I keep meeting more and more new people every day. I like it though. At first it was overwhelming, but now I enjoy the fact of meeting so many people all the time. We enjoyed some conversation, along with what tasted like an apple cake, and some coffee. The hospitality was very sweet. :) Anyway, tomorrow I have Math for the last two hours of the day, and then after school I have a Norwegian class. So, that should be interesting, and we'll see how much more I can learn. My head is still full from last week. ha. So so many new words and experiences, but I guess thats what I am here for! :) I should go.
Ha det bra,
Sara Martin
Nowrwegian Word of the Day is: Takk- Thank you

No comments: