Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vigeland Park

Wow, today was a much better day. Yes, yesterday was okay, but really I didn't understand a thing, so after today, I think I finally got the hang of it. :) Today I met some of Mari's old friends from school. Mari is my host sister, but is curently doing an exchange in Wisconson! Fun, Fun. One of the girls lives fairly close, so maybe I will be able to visit some time and she can help me find some friends. :) It is a little okward to talk to random new people who just stare at you during calss, but it must be done. ha. I was talking with a girl at the bus stop today, and asked if she went to the same school as me. She said "Yes, I am in your class." ha. I didn't even know. I have so many faces and people to remember, but everyone else only has one. It's not fair. :( ha. :) Anyway, after school I took the bus home by myself. That was quite the experince. ;) I got off at the wrong place. Luckly it was not too far from where my counselor lives, so I went to visit. It was a bit of a suprise visit, but since I didn't really know where I was and how to get back to my house, I just decided to pop in for a while. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. After I got back to my house, thanks to my counselor :), I went to Oslo with my host family. We visited Vigeland Park. I have so many pictures. But for now, here is a couple.











This is Trude and Ivar Hansen, my host parents. They are
standing next to the famous Monolith sclupture.


















These are some unusual gates. :)























Angry baby. His hand seems to be a bit popular.





























And, of course, you can't go to the park and overlook all the pretty flowers and fountains.













Maybe tomorrow I will put up some pictures that show what I have done the past couple of days. It hasnt even been a week yet, and I have done so much. I can't believe it! I will talk more later, it is a little late. Ha det bra.

Norwegian Word of the Day: Middag- Supper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

que fotos tan cheveres!!
me encantó la puerta. es espectacular!! parece abierta!
claudia

Anonymous said...

Must be nice, starting school at noon. That makes more sense to me.
a teacher in Illinois. <3