Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School

Another day of school. :) I am starting to get the hang of where everything is, but I still have no schedual. Many of the kids are in the same situation. Two of the girls that are in my class that I have become to be friends with have been moved to a different class. Here we have like 1st 2nd and 3rd grade....and then each grade is split into four different classes or something like that. Anyway, I am in 2STB....whatever that means. :) So, since many of the kids also don't know what classes they are taking, we sat in the library at a small round table and just talked for like 4 hours. It was nice. I got to meet like 15 new people. I'm not so sure I would still remember all of their names, but I recognize them at least. ha. Today I had History, and P.E. That was it. I loved both classes. Usually I dont understand a thing of Norwegian, but today during History, I was able to follow along a little.....a little. :) They were doing a time line and had to match the history and the year. I knew the Columbus one....yeah! ha. We had to know like the years of stuff like Julius Cesar, Jesus, when the modern homosapian was, a couple of kings of some sort...stuff like that. So, it was a bit easier to follow along. Gym was way different than P.E. back home. Today we had four different teams. Each team had to stand in a line on a bench about a foot of the ground. Then, by what the teacher said....like tallest to shortes or somethin....you had to move across the bench between the people on your team and line up in that order without touching the ground. If you touched the ground you had to run two laps around the four benches. It was kind of neat. Our team always lost...ha....they had to take time to translate what position we were suposed to be in, and by the time I understood what they were trying to say, all the other teams were already done. ha. But either way, it was fun. Then we did like strengthening stuff. Like pushups but in weird positions and stuff. I had two hours non stop of it, so we had plenty of time to do many activities. We played a thing where you have a partner and hold hands and then try to step on their feet while watching yours. We arm wrestled, we jumped over people and then crawled under them....kind of like side ways leap frog in a way....ha. We ran around the gym and when the music stoped the teacher yelled out a letter of the alphabet, and all the kids in your team have to lay down on the flore and make that letter together with their bodies. Yeah....so it was really fun. Anyway, thats it for now. ha.
Ha det bra, Sara
Norwegian Word of the Day: Jeg- Me

No comments: