Monday, August 17, 2009

New Life

Hei,
I am now in my new home. It is very nice and although everyone speaks English, I feal like I am learning Norwegian very quickly. The people here might think it is too slow, but for me, I think I am learning very quickly. I will by staying in this home with Ivar and Trude Hansen for three months or so. School starts on Wednesday and Therese, a neighbor, will help to show me around in the afternoon, since on the first day school will start at noon. Today was a busy day with John, my counselor. We went everywhere in Drammen, a neigboring town, and got all that I will be needing from my residence permit, to my bus transportation card. I also attended my first Rotary meeting here this afternoon. After the meeting, is when I moved over to the Hansen house. I had been staying with John and his wife Anne-Marit since Saterday.
All the houses here are very different in color. Anything from Red, to Blue, to Yellow.....very different as you can imagine. Yesterday we Anne-Marit and I went to and Art show in Drammen where the artists had placed all their paintings up around the bridge and down the sides of the streets and such. Most of theme were pretty amaizing. It made me want to reach for a pencil and start my own. :) After the art show, we went up the Spiral to the top of the mountain and you could see down over the edge. Very, very beautiful. I have many pictures of it, but right now I am nearly getting settled in, an havent had time to download pictures and such. Maybe sometime in the future, I will be able to share some visuals of the adventures I am taking. Mari, John and Anne-Marit's daugter bought a new appartment, and so while we were out walking around, John helped her re-do her place. She has painted the walls and re-done the floors and plans to put in a wall. So, lots of work is still to be done. Well, That is mostly all for now. Of course we did plenty more throughout the day, but I dont really have time for all of that right now. I think I have written enough for one night. :)
Ha det bra,
Sara Marie Martin
Norwegian word of the day: Øst- cheese

1 comment:

lasroma said...

Wow, that is so cool. I wich I could see you through a little hole on the wall.
Thanks for writing. I LOVE YOU.
tu mami.