Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sailing

So, I didn't write a blog thingy yesterday, there was no time. But anyway, I woke up and started to unpack all of my things and finally got finished around noon. So, I fixed myself some lunch and then headed over to Therese Langeland's house to see if she could come over for a while and help me label all the things in my room. At that time I met her sister. You can tell they are related. ha. They both look alike and they are both so nice. :) Therese stayed after for a while and we visited about school, among many other things. That was nice because I had no idea what to expect. School in America is soooo different. So far all I know is stories. I will find out for myself though today. School starts at around noon today, so I have that to look forward to. ha. Anyway, back to yesterday. So, after our supper, Trude, Ivar, and I went out on their sail boat. It was so nice...and as you can probably imagine, it was my first time. Living in the middle of America, Illinois doesn't really provide the right attmosphere or conditions for sailing. :) It was very different, but very nice at the same time. Also....they have seagulls! ha. There are many around, and they are so cute. Anyway, after a while, we came back in and then went home to study some more Norwegian. :) Now that my room is labled, I am starting to see the same things over and over. It is very helpful. That was pretty much yesterday. So, yeah. I will try to keep you posted on all the hapenings. Bye. ( The spell check is not working, so sorry for all the misspelled words. I think you get the drift though.)
Norwegian Word(s) of the Day: en, to, tre, fire, fem, sex, sju, åtte, ni, ti- One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten

No comments: