Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kebab






above: the final score by the end of the game....we lost :(..
Left: Therese in the middle in the white. Most all my pictures were blury like this one....sorry









above: an action picture of Pia's sister (the one in the white shirt bent over) stopping the other team from scoring.
Left: This is Pamela. I used flash on this one, so it actually turned out darker....wow, I'm not very good at electronical things. :)






So, a quick (very qucik) overview of the past couple of days: On Saterday was the Confermation..you already know about that....then on Sunday, I woke up early, read a bit, and worked some more on my Sosiologi og sosialantropologi homework. By 9 or 10ish everyone was up and we had a nice breakfast. Then, obviously, cext came Lunch....and then we relaxed a bit and had a slice of cake once Liv, Ivar's mom, arived. The 6 of us ate the leftovers of "The Worlds Best Cake" that Ivar made to take to the confermation. I think its name certainly fits....it IS the worlds best cake. Liv left, Vegard and Katrine went to a friends house to catch up, and I walked over to Therese's where she, her parents, and I headed for Drammen to watch Therese's first håndbal game of the season. You probably wont be very happy with my, but most all of my pictures from the game are so blurry. I still need to practise using my camera....sorry. We ended up loosing, but they played really well. Actually, I have no idea if they played well because I've never watched a game before and I dont know what is normal and what isnt....but it sure looked intence and it seemed like they all were playing really tough. Good job girls! After the game, We went to Narve's sisters house to pick up a trailer and I saw....you ready for this.....a tiny dog without any hair, but it had a puff on its tail and its ears looked a little furry possible..ha. It was kinda discustingly cute. I think its some type of Chinese chawawa or something? Im not so sure. Anyway, we also got to see this patio\ fire pit type place behind their house that they have been working on and building. It really looks nice. I would never be able to do anything remotly close to that. It really did look nice with stones on the walls and a spot for grilling and cooking out. Once I got home again, we had supper and then Vegard, Katrine, and I played a game of Chinese checkers...Katrine won.....and then a couple games of Jenga. The originol tower started at 12 stories, and our highest game got to 21 or 22....I cant remember. It was really fun, kind of stressfull, ha, worrying when it might fall. Naw, I had a lot of fun. In the morning I had to get up for school. Usually I come straight back afterwords, but today I had my norwegian lessons, so I rode the bus to Anne-Marit's and studied until 5:30. While we were there, I got to say "hi" to Per, John and Anne-Marit's son who lives in China with his wife (who is expecting a baby in December) and his son Hans who is 1ish. I think they said that their 6 hours later than us here....I think.....so that made it like 10 at night his time, so they only talked for a short while. Once my lessons were over, I walked to Numnum (or as Henrik calls it... the Yumyum) and arived about 10 minutes past 6. Katrine (not my host sister...the one in the "friends" blog) and I planned to meet there and have a kebab. Which....I had never heard of before. Katrine arived about a minute after I did...and then we ordered. We got a coke and a Kebab...which is kinda like the things, you know, where we have tacos in a bowl made of crispy toasted bread...ecept this one is like an icecream cone in a way. :) ha. Its a soft thick bread in a cone shap and filled with meat (sometimes chicken) .and then letuce, tomatoes, and corn...all the usual taco fillings, except this time it had two differnt types of sauce on top. Im not so sure what they are...but it was delicious. I enjoyed the night, and after visiting with a friend who lives down the road from where I do, Katrine and I started to walk home. Maybe we can have another kebab picnic party some other time again. I would like that. Then, at around 9:30, Ivar and Trude had to go to where the boats are tied and watch over them during the night. Twice a year, they have to take watch over all the boats. Everyone who ones one takes turns keeping watch, so last night was their turn. I stayed home and watched Mama Mia. It was okay, I enjoyed it, but was so excausted, I kinda started doozing through some of the parts. Today I had school....again, ha. In Trykk og foto class we are starting to print on shirts. We had to draw a picture that follows the theme of story, fairytale, mythical....creatures. I chose to use the stone statues from Easter Island. So, we draw our own version of whatever "creature" we chose, and then we have to cut them out of a harder type of paper. You have to make like a million of the same picture. You decide how many differnt collors you want to use, and then you cut out everywehre you want red...for example. And then on the next picture you cut out everywehre you want green or something. I will be using three colors, although I still dont know which ones yet...I havent decided. Anyway...I made the front of my shirt as just the one picture and the back is a teselation of many put together. Since I will be gone at a norwegian course from Thursday until Tuesday, I have to work to get as much done before I leave. So, during all my free times, and at home in my room, I have been working on it. It seem like art is always fun for the first like 10 minutes, then I loose interest. Well, thats what I gotta go do now. Later. oh. p.s. I just had almost an entire conversation on MSN in Norwegian...with Kari. It may have only lasted about 3 or 4 minutes, but hey, its a start.

No comments: