Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Church

This time Im not gonna get so behind on my updates. :) A New Years resolution that will be kept. Mkay.....so, on Friday after school Sigrid and I got on the bus and went to her place. We stayed there for a while and waited for the next bus out to Drammen. We had a blast making the most delicious sandwiches in the world. Who would have guessed you can put a slice of bread in the ......oven! ha. The cheese melted right away, an we put a spice on top, it turned out amaizing. (I didnt take a picture :( hehehe)

We headed out the door and were on our way to the bus stop. I stilllll am nervous and made sure we left with plenty of time. and.....the darn bus was like 5 minutes late, and we were 5 minutes early....so, do the math. We were outside freeeeeezing for 10 minutes. :D Naw...but we got on the bus, and had some more fun making fun of my Norwegian speaking skills and my "addorible" accent. ??? ha.

Anyway, we arived and headed straight to the Catholic church a couple minutes walk from the bus stop. We found it and went in about 10 minues early. It was so nice to have a nearly empty church to just sit and talk with God for a while. Its been a long time since I have been able to be with him, in his house, for as long as I could possibly want. Sigrid went out for a while before church started and I just felt so "at home" and "in my place." Sigird came back in, about 6 more people arived, and chruch started. It was my first Norwegian mass, and I really enjoyed it. Some parts were hard to follow, of course, but it made no difference. I was at church!

Afterwords, the two of us headed back to the bus station. This time we went to a differnt one because Sigs wanted to show me where to go if I ever go by myself sometime and she cant make it. I still feel a little usure about doing it all myslef, but I will if I have to. :D Anyway, just thought I would let you all know how that went.

Oh! and then I got home and Kim and Helene had come over to eat tacos. Yummy Yummie. Kim is leaving for the army tomorrow, so the two of them came over for a fun family meal before hand. In Norway all boys are required to at least one year of service in the Military. (Unless you are physicly uncapable.) Girls however, have the choice. :)

Oh yeah, I keep forgeting things. I have been in contact with the church, and they have asked me if I would be intersted in going along on a ski trip of theirs with some other kids that attend. I have not responded, but look forward to finding a response as soon as possible. I hope I will be able to go. That would be awsome, to meet new friends, spend more time with God, *learn to ski*, and have a vacation. I dont think that last one should count. ha. I have had so many vacations lately...but hey, its never bad to have a few more, right? hehehe. K, thats it for now....later kidos. :)

No comments: