Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas/New Years

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Mkay, so, again.....alot has happened. My pictures are updated from the latest things that I have done, to a couple of weeks ago before school let out. For a quick overview of my holiday season this year, I can write a short summery. School let out on the Tuesday before Christmas. The whole day was spent with celbrations, gift giving, class parties, and a big talent presentation in the main auditorium. We went home at noon, and my Christmas vacation began. I can't find the pictures that I took form the actuall Christmas Eve and Day....so I am going to have to really search my computer good to find them. I dont know what happened! But, its okay, because I took many many pictures through out the whole vacation. As you schrool down through the pictures, take some time to read into the details of each one. HAPPY NEW YEAR!



The day after Christmas, Narve, Laila, Therese, og I all packed up and headed for the cabin for the rest of the vacation season. Narve and I left earlier than the others, and with the bags in the back, we were off for our nearly 2 hour drive. When we were close to a mile away from the cabin, the road was not plowed anymore, and we Narve had to drive the whole way simply plowing through the fourish foot snow until we arived. Then...we got out and, following Narve, we walked about a quarter of a mile to the front door of the cabin where we ran inside and quickly made a fire to warm the place up for when Laila and Therese would arive around 15 minutes later. As we waited for them, we started to shovel out the walk way in which we had come from. (If it gives you any insight to the deepness of the snow... we had a ki race later on in the week, and when I took off one ski and tried to walk, I sunk down to my hip...and I was already standing where we had shoveled out the snow....and that snow was up to my knees already. So....I think its safe to say 5footish.) Anyway, mkay, so, Laila and Therese showed up, and we started transfereing all the bags of cloths and food into the house. We all went back and forth from the cars, throught the snow shoveled lane, to the house...about six or seven times. AND.....Laila and I both used a small dog sled quite a few times....so there was a lot of stuff. By the time we finished, my feet were freezing and it was already dark out. The rest of the week is described in the pictures. Have fun. :D hehehe.



The first window picture above was out of the front window view (I think), and this one is out of the "side"....I have no idea which direction the house was facing. ha. North? South? E or W...yeah, no idea.

Comming back from my first Cross Country Ski trip!

The nice cozy fireplase.

Amie pulling Therese...and Laila. :) This is taken at the begining of our LONG cross country ski trip. I have no idea whatsoever how long we whent, but I have a new found love now.....for skiing. That will be the first thing I will do when I get home, buy skiis. I dont understand why nobody else at home does this....or everybody at that. I mean, its so flat there and it only make sence.

Thats me!!! hehehe. Check out the senery, it doesnt get much better than that.

Tired?...no way, little do I know, I still have 2 hours left of skiing. ha. Its good excersise really.

self explanitory

Yeah....so, as you can see, the trees are no more, and you can see Therese there in the far distance. This is around the time that I started to get tired and we switched Amie off to pulling me. :D ha. It was very fun!

Der er Therese!

Heaven on Earth...possibly

Skolebolle. I think I might try to start a bakery once I go home. And not for others to come to.....just for me to eat it all. Oh my goodness, the food here is absolutly amaizing. I love it! Bra job Therese.

SUNSHINE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha. Poor Dag Olav...at least he tries. :D

Amie is all ready to go with her coat on and everything. hehe. Just kidding. She just looks so cute that I couldnt resist a photo.

Dangit...I already forgot what this was called. But....its a big bread thingy from Italy that has some sort of cream inside it or something. It was good though, so regardless of what its called or is made of, it doesnt matter. :)

Sara og Tante Jannicha. This is when the New Years celbration comes into play. So, the day before Eve, Dag Olav, Jannicha, and Ida, drove nearly 4 hours just to have new years with us. It was amaizingly fun, just as always. In this photo we are wearing our crowns which we recieved as little prizes in a traditional "game?" I dont think that the word game is correct. But its a thingy that you do with two people. I remember describing it earlier when I was living with the Hansens and we went to Håvards confermation party. Remember when I said that Henrik and I played this "game"...anyway, to get back to the point, there were little crowns inside....so, the purpous of this picture was to show them off. ha.

BAHAHAHAH! Should I even try to explain this? two words for ya.....CRAZY FAMILY! hehehe
Thats my mom and dad for ya. Pahahahahahahaha.

A little Pre-New Years Eve celebration

Laila had gotten a bunch of party poppers for us all. Some of them were in shapes of little guns that when you pull the "triger" it pops out a bunch of confetie. I saved mine after everyone else had popped theirs, and was gonna use it at the perfect time when all of a sudden......BANG (Narve pulled the trigger..hehehe) So, no more gun. But this is a real nice reenactment of the wonderful moment in history. :D

Oh, earlier, with each crown, you get a small toy. once everyone had oppened theirs, we put the toys together while Janniche told us a nice little story which goes as follows: Once upon a time there was a knight who went to battle and used his shield as protection. He won the battle, earning a nice cup, so he called home with the tellephone. Afterwords, they ate a nice big calf. The end. Im not sure if I got all the details..heheh...but frrankly, I dont think it matters. :)

Happy Happy Ida.

I dont think that Dag Olav...or Napolion... is the main attraction here. Look a little deeper, into the backround. Narve!....today must have been his funny face day.

Dont ask...no idea what this is. Just a New Years clebration picture I suppose. (While looking at my face through a crown.)

Laila made this santa. I should have taken a picture of the two she had in our house before we picked them up yesterday. But its okay.....this one is just as cute. hehehe.

You can barely seethe lights along side the trail, but on New Years Eve, Dag Olav and Narve went out and placed candles along the pathway up to the road where we would later put off some fireworks. It was so pretty, I feel bad that they didnt show up in the picture.

In my Christmas Calender before Christmas, I got a cute little "do-it-yourself" crafty paint thingy. Not sure what I should call it, but as you can see here, I am glueing together a sled for the little wooden people to ride on before I paint it. A nice gift to complete during the cold Norwegian winter weather outside was blowing.

Laila had baked a HUGE gingerbread house and I got to try and decorate the windows.hehehe. It was really hard, the frosting thingy was tough, I dont know how laila was able to do it. A Job Well Done Laila! (Yesterday Therese and I got to hammer it in and eat it. hehehehe.) The next few pictures are from all angles. :)







This is the well decorated table that Sigs had talked about in my last entery when we had the grøt party.

Sigs and I before the feast. :) (before we find out that we lost the finding of the almond. hehehe.)

This is what grøt looks like. Yumie Yummie in my tummy tummy!

Therese giving away the marzipan gris prize to Tonje for finding the almond inside of the grøt. In Norway, it is typical to put an almond in the large pot, and tehn each kid eats and eats. The one who finds the almond gets the marzipan gris...in this case the winner was Tonje. CONGRATS!

After our tummys were nice and full, we all sat down to watch "Love Actually." It was nice to be around everyone and have the nice cozy Christmas spirit.

Sigs took a wonderful picture of the t.v. at just the right time. As you can see, the translation of Merry Christmas turns up at the bottom of the screen at the same time. (and no Anita, it doesnt mean "God Bless"...hehehehe)

This is what kids do at school when their not in class. Yeah, now do you Americans believe me when I say that school here is layed back. ha. I wish that there was something close to the table to show how tall this chair formation got to be. It was quite high. Wow...this is my kind of school. ha. And to top it off, as soon as they did this, they all ran off....ha, I feel bad for the janitors. I feel that this was probably a two person job. ;)

So, I dont have any pictures because they wernt allowed, but I went with Oda, Tonje, Sigrid, Pernille, and Therese to see Putti Plutti Pot. It was a childrens Christmas theatrical performance. It was so cute. I absolutly loved it. Afterwords, we all went out to eat. This is probably the most American meal I have eaten since I have been here. Ha. Just look at it, it lived up to its name, thats for sure.....the TEXWITCH...naw, I made that up. But it was something Texasy I know that.

It kinda reminds me of the Crakel Barel.



Super Craker Barelie....it had old figures on the wall, candles on the tables, and well....the food. Home away from home.

The checkout/bar.

Oh yeah...by the way...its called Egon. Help me out here....do we have this resteraunt in America? I so am gonna havta find one when I get back.

Do I make the cut? I bet nobody even noticed me standing there...actually, true story....when we took this picture a group of people were commin in at the moment, and all of em looked at me, I almost busted up laughing.

In my Christmas callender, I got tickets to the Oslo Gospel Choir....so Narve, Laila, Therese, and I went to their last performance of the year a couple of Sundays ago.
For some reason the links to the videos wont copy and paste on here....but if you go to youtube and search for:
These are different videos that I took while at the concert. Some are really good I think, but others are kinda not worth even listening too...hehehe. Not sure which are which, so just look em all up. :D

Other than Steam Boat Days....(OH! and seeing Pam Tillis in Tennesse and the Opry Land....) I havent been to a concert. Especially never a Gospel one. But let me tell you....THIS WAS AMAISING! Some of the songs were in Norwegian but were the same tune as ours, and some were in English. It was a wonderful performance. I absolutly loved it and will never forget.



When we got off the bus on Tuesday morning for school, there were santas everywhere. The teachers were outside waiting with baskets of candy and free hugs. The Christmas spirit was in the air the whole day. After we went inside the school was devided into halfs A and B. The first half headed into the auditorium for some fun talents and a nice show put on by some of the other students while the second half had class parties. Then, after the talents were over, they switched...and then they watched the talents and we had parties. It was a blast. I have added pictures and movies from some of the talents.

These were our two persenters who let us all know who was up next in the talents, and to tell us different news.

The first act consisted of three singers and a pianist. The lights, sound, and performance were amaizing. But dont take my word for it....watch the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vV-2S0j04 -this one was a group of teachers as well :)
The teachers did a talent as well. To understand why it is so funny, you must first see the origional real video and then watch theirs. It will make it a lot more intertaining if you take the time to do that. So....first go to youtube and look up:



During our class party. I am in class 2STC. When we walked into our room, all the tables were around the perimiter, with plates, glasses, and napkins all set up. We had mandarines, cookies, brownies, cakes, pop, juices, Christmas quizes and questions....and a ton more. It was alot of fun......and then we got out of school at noon.

Anine cought a picture of me with my two class teachers. On the left we have my P.E. teacher Håvard and on the right is my Norwegian teacher John. :)

Yes....it was cold out.

CHRISTMAS!!!!! (is comming)

The last moments at school before the busses arived to whisk me home for the rest of the Christmas Vacation. Yupieeeee.

Sebastian and Maiken.
And this is Anine. I love the whitnes of the snow, the complection of her skin, the light hair, and the dark coat and then BANG....colorful earings. Well, thats a wrap on my vacation. I feel like I iddnt do such a great job on writing about it. If things were confusing....just let me know. :D Takk for meg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skinkebra blogg, masse søte bilder og videoer også :)

Sukkertoppene (Solveig og Anine) :D