Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anitas Arival \ Opera

So, the week that we got back from the North, my sister came. Yup....that was the big suprise that was talking about in my newsletter. It has taken me forever to write about it, I have just been supper busy. I will also write why...ha...but that might not be for another two weeks either. Anyway. Lets start from Wednesday morning. K. Well, since I was still on my fall break then, I didnt have school during the day. Anita needed picked up at around 6ish, so Ivar and I drove to the Rygge Moss airport together to get her. She was coming in on the first flight from Spain to this new airport, so their was a big deal. It had been on the news erlier, and when we got to the ariport, there were ladys in fancy flaminco dresses, cakes for the crows, coffe on tables, it was awsome. Before the plane arived, camera men were setting up outside in a pinned in area where the airport had alowed the spectators and family and friends of those arriving to stand. it was like a corral for humans. ha. The plane finaly flew in...we were so close to the runway! When it stoped, the flight attendance outside (wearing viking hats) unfolded a red carpet up to the stairway where the passengers all were comming out. Anita was one of the first ones, and I got some pictures of it. Quite neat. There was only one problem....when she got off the plane, they had to keep walking down the carpet and into the building. No time for stoping to talk. :) They wouldnt let anyone out of the "corral" and so we were just stuck there. ha. Fiiiiiiinaly we got out, ha, and went back inside where we met up with Anita. We got a quick bite of cake and a nice warm cup of cofee while we watched the dancers...then headed for home. It had already started to get dark, so Anita couldnt completely see the beauty of the place from right away. When we got home, Trude was waiting with a delicous meal and an apple cake. Yum! By this time, it was a little late, so we played a quick game of cards, just the two of us, and then hit the sack. In the morning, I woke up early, took a shower, read for a bit, ate some breakfast.....all while waiting for Anita to get up. Finally, the bear awoke, and we went for a quick jogg\walk up and around some of the houses, down the streats and then back to the house where John and Anne-Marit were waiting for us. We did some introductions, ha, because John didn't know she was comming, and then we left for a hike together. It was fantastic...I also have pictures of that (hopefully I get the time to get them on here...argh.) I've got some good ones, but sometimes a picture just isnt good enough to capture the beauty of the scenery. We started out at the head of a golf course, and made our way up, around, and then back again, in one huge giants beutiful amaising circle. :) I loved it and I know Anita did too. I asked her to write a small sumery of her stay here, and hopefuly I will be able to add that entry to my blog as well...so you can see Norway from her point of view. I hope Anita will be able to write more in detail about her stay. I will leave that up to her. But, before I leave...TUSEN TAKK to Tor and Heidi for giving us the most wonderful tour ever, ha....and to Ivar and Trude for taking us to the most awsome meuseums....and to John and Anne-Marit for taking us out...and to everyone who was able to help us during Anitas stay here. I will stop talking about this for now though...because there is so much more that we have done since then. So....Anita, its your job to fill them in from here, about your stay. Do a good job!

Anyway...so, on to more recent afairs. Yesterday, We all....and yes I mean we all, went to the Opera house in Oslo. It was newly built nearly one year and a half ago. (Hopefully Anita talks about this....but we went there when we were with Tor.) Anyway, It was amaizing inside! Earlier, we only were able to walk around outside, which is amaizing in itself. The roof on it slopes so you can walk on it. Very cool, and the view is great too. Anyway, this time I got to go inside it....and it was just as spectacular. I loved it. Quite hard to explain though. The walls are glass, so you can see outside to the water, the outside is all white, and the inside is mostly white and a like barky brown color. Its gorgeous. Trude said that some of her fellow workers had built the wall on the back side of the big "display room." Can you call it that? Like the theater part. Anyway, on to the show. We watched an Italian opera called Don . There were little screens on the back of the seats in front of us with translations of the words. It was a cute production. During half time Ivar filled me in on what was happeing though...ha. I thought I had understood it all, but aperiently I had one major detail wrong....the main girl had gotten married and I missed that part. oops. ha. I am almost positive I understood the second half. :) I really did enjoy myself though. I have never been to an opera before. I am able to experience so so many new things, its quite incredible. I think that is it for now, I should probably be getting ready for bed, and hopefully Anita writes that report soon, and I will post it as soon as I get it. Ha det bra for now!
p.s. The bathrooms were just soo colorfull....not. ha.

1 comment:

Sara Marie Martin said...

Lauren Colby...I cant find your blog page....if you see this comment, please write back with the url of yours....thank you!