Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cookbook

Yesterday was a bit exciting. In Norwegian class everyone has been reading a book for about two weeks, and then they have to talk about the cultural differences from when the book was published, and today. Yesterday I gave my speach. There were two kids who were to speak, and three kids listening along side the teacher. My speach went completely fine, but the questions they asked me afterwords were a little tricky. :)
After my big speach, I got to go home early. I got there around 2ish and had the rest of the day off. When I got home, Laila was out walking Amie, so I swept the house and folded the laundry. It was nice because I had the music going...some good ol' Tonya Tucker. :) Laila got home not too long afterwords and we started working some more on my cookbook. I got to start the sewing. The book cover part is finished, now I am working on the title. Hopefully I will have that done sometime tonight. I already did two of them, but I want to do a third one, becuse I dont really like the other two.
As I was working on the cookbook Laila had a Mary Kay party. I think Narve enjoyed it the most. ;) I enjoyed it too though, because I didnt have to try on all the makeup, and I still got the deserts she made for the guests. hahaha. She made ginormous cupkakes, and some.....wait for it Dad.....PECEAN STRUDLES! haha. I loved them. In fact, I had a bit of one for breakfast this morning. hehehe.
And...here is the best part about yesterday, it got up to 1 degrees Celcius. Going from around -20 to 1 in such a short time is amaizing to me. :) I'm not so sure if I should be happy or not though, because that just means that now Winter is taking its leave. I love it here, and this is my first, last, and only winter here.....so far at least.....for another 5 years or so. Maybe I shouldnt think so much and just focus on the here and now. :)
Tonight I go to the farm, We have another cow that is looking a bit close, so Hans Petter moved her over to "my" barn. He predicts that she will be calving before the weekend....but I am not so sure. The last time I saw her was on Tuesday...I dont think she will be calving until possibly late on Saturday or possibly Sunday. We shall see.

No comments: