Sunday, December 13, 2009

Before I Moved

Alrighty, so, about the next four pictures. :) What you see here is called Smålehode. Yup, you guessed it......a nice cute litte sheep HEAD! hehehe. The night before I left to live with the Langeland family, Trude had fixed a nice "goodbye" meal. The taste was amaizing, however the looks of it all, were a bit peculiour. Just take a look at the next four pictures, and see what I mean.

This is the lamb head before the skin and meat were taken off. It was just simply in a pot of boiling water for a bit. Step number two: EAT UP. :)

The head was split into two halfs. Here is one of the halfs after all the meat had been scraped off. Yummie. But no, seriously.....it was yummmmmmie.

This folks, is an eye ball. Shewy, yet tasty. Not quite sure what to compare it to. ha, a taste all of its own.

On my last day with the Hansen family. Here we have Edne, Synnøve, Trude, me, and Håvard.
k..there's not really an order for the following pictures. Just sit back, and enjoy.

while waiting for the bus after school to take us home (absolutly gorgeous)

still a view from the school, just in a different direction. No matter which way you look, its beautiful

This is what I see when I get off the bus at the farm where I work

So, kinda blurry. This is the welcoming sign to the farm and bakery

when I get off the bus to go to the farm, I have to walk for a bit, its a nice and slow 5 minute walk maybe. Anyway, on the way, I took some pictures...

...still on my way up to the farm...

...almost there....
...getting closer....

made it! hehe. This is the bakery

Still the bakery, just from a different view. In the first floor, the bread, and jam, and cute little house gifts (maple city candy co. like) and on the second floor, there is a lofty area where they host parties and celebrations that they cater for as well. It is beautiful really, especialy now in this Christas season.

I took some great pictures on another camer, but cant seem to find a cord tomove them over to my computer, so for now, your gonna havta live with just these two pictures...and not very good ones as that. sorry.

It was cold outside, and hot inside...so Im guesseing thats why my camera lens got foggy. I donno though

These pictures turned out frightingly well. Somehow, I got light! ha. Because when I wake up for school at 6, its black out, when I go to school at 7:30, its black out, when I arive at school at 8, itst black out, and it doesnt START to get light out until 8:30ish. Then, when I go home from school at 3:30, its getting dark, and when I get dropped off from the bus at the farm around 4, its getting darker and darker and when I leave there its pitch black.....so, how these pictuers turned out so bright, has me puzzled. Its nice though, so you can see the surroundings well. :)

On my way back down to the bus stop again.
Just a cute picture of the dirt in the fields. :) Farm life....how I miss it. Its just not the same. Difference is good however, and I think its better to see the world and experience different cultures and ways of life instead of living in a bubble my whole life. I enjoy being here more than anything and seeing all the different things. :)

This is a picture of the barn where the cows that I take care of are kept. There are more cows out back as well as in a differnt barn, but the only ones that I take care of when I come, are in this barn here. When I first arive, I give all of them a scoop of suplient each. While they are distracted with that, I go around and scrape away the manuer into the bottom pit. Once each cows "stall" is clean, bark chips/saw dust is spread for them to lay on. Hans Petter goes up in the loft and sends down hay through a hole in the floor, and I spread it out with a pitch fork for all the cattle to share. After the mess has been made, I sweep up the floor and send all the little stray hay that fluttered behind the cattle, along with the bark chips that went where they wern't supposed to...out the door. For the final touches, I "flip a switch" that scrapes all the manuer down into a deeper pit. Once both pits have been scraped, I change back into my clothes, talk for a while, and then head down to the bus stop. :) Thats a normal day. However, not every day is the same. One day we switched out Hefiers and Cows after Hans Petter had weined the calfs off. So, not every day is the same, as most all farmers would agree on.....I know. Unexpected things are sure to happen.

Okay, new topic. Liv, my grandma, turned 80 years old and had a superb party. We all went to an old farm and meet. We had a delicious meal, and I was able to talk to all the family members for the last time all together before I was to leave. This picture shows one of the wonderfuly set tables, in this old farm house which was....gorgeous.
The main focus here is the desk/dresser and the bunad that Liv is wearing. Since this farm house is so old, most of the funiture inside was amaizing to look at. I absolutly LOVE old time life and all tha it bared. This dresser was sooooo cute, I just loved it. I also wanted to show Liv with her bunad. I think they are just gorgeous. I love the outfits, and if they didnt cost over 2 thousand dollers, I would get one in a heartbeat. However.....I dont think that is going to happen. ha. Unles.......mom, dad, Christmas is comming up soon. pahahaha. Just kidding. (maybe next year?) ha.

EVERYTHING was set up so nicely and perfect.

Two brothers, hard at work. (Ivar on the right)

I stayed up all night cooking todays meal....just kidding, I can barely make a grilled cheese sandwich, let alone a whole supper!
a close up of the meals.....in case you were hungry. ;)

Way too much to chose from, although that wasnt a problem, I just ate a bit of everything.

Another one of those old funrnitures in the house. This one had amaizing flower patterns painted on it. A little harder to see, but I think it still earned a spot on the blog page. It was so pretty, and I never wanna forget it.

This is Jan, Ivar's nephew and Johannes Camillo, his son.

This is Rebekah, Jan's wife, and mother to little baby Johannes Camillo. :)

soooooooooooo cute!!!!! He's a curious little feller.

So, after we ate we took some family pictures with all the couzins. Here we have:
FL:Aleksander, Katrine with Johannes Camillo, and Sindre BL:Tor, Daniel, Jan, and Lars
Now, pay close attention and you might be able to follow this. Okay, so...Tor, Jan, and Lars are brothers - Alexsander and Daniel are brothers (their from Colombia mom)- Katrine is by herself because Mari (her sister) is in Wisconson- Sindre is alone- and Johannes Camillo is the son of Jan.

Same people just in a differnt order except that this time the birthday girl is there! hehehe. The flag was a birthday gift to Liv, along with many other things, because this is the flag to the Ålesund soccer team which had won the Norwegian Cup Final and this is where Liv is from, so it was quite special. :)
Just as always, here are pictures of the pasterys we had. ;) Cakes, cookies,breads, and brownies and cupcakes, and...... are my favoriet

Ivar made another "Worlds Best Cakes" again....it was amaizing.

This was a lemony pretzily thingy with almonds and frosting. hehe. No idea, but who cares what it was?....it was good and thats all that matters

Katrine made these. As if it was at all possible, they tasted better than they looked. ;)

And I suppose that fruit is important in ones diet as well. hehehe. But wow, somehow they made it it look just as appealing as the sweets.

Although the party was already complete, some even brought gifts. It might be a while unitl I hit my 80th birthday, but if and when that day comes, I sure hope I have just as good as a day as Liv had.

Ivar and the baby. He was so cute, I think everyone held him. :) He almost stole Liv's thunder....but not quite. ha.

Tor and his girlfriend Mereth. It was nice to talk with her because she is from Germany, so just learning Norwegian as well. Although she is quite a few hundered paces ahead of me, it was still nice. The same goes with Rebekah. She is half American, and proud of it. ;) So it was nice to have a bit of a conection with the both of them.

And finaly, yes, I couldnt resist....I had to hold him to.

Random picture. ha. But I love the paint work. I found it outside the house leaning up against the wall. It was so beautiful, it was hard to mis.

Mkay, so....that was it for pictures from the party. This next picture is the inside of the train which I had taken to Sandvika to go shoping at the largest mall in all of Scandinavia. ha. It sounds so important. ha. I had gone there with Therese (my future host sister), Sigrid, and Solveig. We had a nice time. Afterwards, Ivar picked me up and the two of us went over to see Liv and have some cake and coffie with her......as well as his brothers family as well.

And finally, to end this blog post up, I have some pictures of making pepperkaker (or....gingerbread!) I invited Maiken, Ida, and Katrine over to make some cokkies (for them to take home), a chocolate cake, and a movie. I dont know about them, but I had a good time. Ha, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. hehehe.

(above:) Ida (R) and Maiken (L) with their "chunck" of dough. apperiently its just good to eat by itself and completely forget about the baking. ha. (below:) Katrine, Ida, and Maiken taking care of their "stations."

It takes two people to make frosting....

...but only one to decorate magnificently ;)

cute little Maiken

its fun to see how some pictures turn out. This was supposed to be of frosting on Katrines fingers, yet somehow (hehehe) Maiken meracolously appeared in the background.

And the very last picture shows some of our master pieces. Instead of useing the cookie cutters and making life a little simpler, I decided to spell words, and make certain shapes. ha. So, here we have "Mari"(for Mari in Wisconson who could not be there with us)- "M"(for Maiken)-"I"(for Ida)-"T"(for Trude"-"S"(for Sara)-"K"(for Katrine)- and a christmas tree, woman, and an angely/king/ or Im not so sure really. hehehe.
Well, again, sorry it took so long, but heck....I finaly got it! now.....just to write all on the next post, and to keep it up too. argh. hahaha. Naw, I enjoy it, I just have to find the time. :) Later for now kidos.

No comments: