Monday, November 16, 2009

First Snow/ Håndbal/ Lutefisk


So, the pictures begin with the first "real" snow of the season. In earlier days the snow has fallen, but this particular time it stayed around. I guess you could say that it stuck around and winter is finnaly here for good. This is a picture of the back yard.

A nice huge tree right out front. With the snow on it the way it is, I thought it looked just so cute.

The neighbors....I just loved the way the snow looked on everything, so I took alot of pictures.

Postcard foto? hehe....It could be. They just need a Cardinal or something in the background. :)

Okay, so now the pictures from the håndball game in Tønsberg. If you look really close, squint, and stand on your right ear, you might just be able to see Therese (my host sister) in the back. ha. I can never get any decent photos becuase they are always on the move. So....the ones that I do get, I feel proud enough to have, and post them. :) But you can see player 4, well, Therse is the player ini the white shirt right behind her....the tiny person in between the two girls in the blue who looks like she is running over to help. Ha, I have no idea what anybody is doing, to me it just looks like their running all over the place. :) I don't know if they have like certain plays or what, but it sure looks confusing to me. Maybe this is a sport I can bring back to Amerika.

Alrighty, a little better picture, except its zoomed in from all the way across the court. So, standing, this is my host mom Laila and then Therese is sitting directly to her left, the first out of all the girls. I was in the stands with my host dad watching the game. :) I love going, but not so sure I would love playing.

Pernille Ski Torp! Speedy little thing!

This is quite the action picture. Like a sudden death shot.

Alrighty....the Lutefisk photos begin. Trudes side of the family came for for a big family meal of Lutefisk. Im not so sure if I can explain what it is to you all, but um....its fish, I know that much. :) So here on this picture I have my "cousins"....well, most of them. Håvard isnt there, but I have shown pictures of him on his confermation. Also, Katrine and Vegard are on the right there....and their not my cousins...hehe....my "sister."

So.....this is it, the lutefisk. :) It doesnt look so apetizing, but it wasnt so bad. I got seconds if that says anything.

The lutefisk is usually served with differnt sides to have along with it, this was mashed pees....I beleive.

Using my foot as a refrence, you can see how large the container was that the lutefisk came in. These extra slices which were too much, were kept in a stiraphome box outside in the snow for cold keeping.

Here are a few of the smaller children. Julie...on the left there...her dad is from France, so thats pertty neat. Soon she will be able to speak three languages easily, and not even know that shes learning them. Lucky Lucky girl.
Alrighty, youve seen the picture of the childrens table, and now you see the adults table with all of Trudes Aunts and cousins.

Yeah...I still havent grown out of the building block stages. :)

a box that holds cakes and such when traveling to another house. Cute? Heck yes! Its so, its so.....Norwegian. hehe.

Trude and Katrine had the place all spiffed up and lookin nice with this bowl of water and roses as just a small example of how nice the place looked.

More kakes. Here is a chocolate kake, and an apple one as well. Its so hard to decide which one was best. (and yes.....i had both. :D)



My "grandmother!"

Julebrus.....A pop that comes out only during the Christmas season each year. I would say the equivelent to fruite punch or something.

Ha.....all the couzins playing the Hand Game.

Sleapy head.....aperiently intertwined in the carpet is the best place for a nap.
Last but not least, Trudes youngest sister and her children, Cute little Stine and William.

2 comments:

laurenpagecolby said...

i'm really jealous of you. you get to eat insane amounts of baked goods.....no fair!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Yes Sara, I see Therese, the girl in picture 5. It is very easy to spot her, I just CLICKED ON the PICTURE and it enlarged beautifuly. And then I clicked again and it zoomed even more! You should try. So is Laila her coach? she looks so young!
wow!
Love your pictures,
lasroma